February 15, 2008 Family Services Employment Opportunity!!! By HFHMGC
Habitat for Humanity Mississippi Gulf Coast
Job Title: Family Services Specialist
Reports to: Family Services Manager
Status: Full Time/Salary/Exempt
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation and personal days, medical insurance
Review: 90 day evaluation & annual review
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Family Services Manager (FSM), the Family Services Specialist is responsible for supporting and tracking the progress of assigned HFHMGC Partner Families through the entire course of the HFHMGC program. This includes processing of applications, educating families on their rights and responsibilities as Partner Families, tracking their progress, supporting them through the process and regular reporting to FSM, including the planning and execution of dedications of homes for assigned Partner Families and development and distribution of monthly newsletter for Partner Families.
Minimum Requirements • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• 2-3 years work experience in relevant field (i.e., social services, homeownership counseling, adult education) required.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Ability to work well with diverse groups and individuals.
• High-level computer literacy skills including database creation, desktop publishing and internet use. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Debra Thomas:
(phone) 228-314-0011 ext. 323
1636 Popps Ferry Rd., Ste. M-13
Biloxi, MS 39532
I had a great time. Only wish it were a little cooler so we could have gotten more done. I was impressed with the NCCC kids. They were friendly, and more importantly, motivated. I look forward to getting down there again to contribute.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of US policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.
Licensed by the Department of Banking and Consumer Finance. NMLSR#: 267248